Japanese fighter ace Saburo Sakai.
He was the Imperial Japanese Navy’s fourth ranked fighter ace of the war and it’s second best to survive the war.
On one occasion Sakai having returned to base within a damaged Zero after a four hour and 47 minute flight. Saburo having sustained a bullet wound to the head and being blinded in one eye, insisted on making his mission report, before seeking medical attention.
- linuxpunk81 likes this
- blitzkriegfurdummies reblogged this from historyfan
- blitzkriegfurdummies likes this
- mew-senpai reblogged this from historyfan
- gasmaskscollector likes this
- mindbodyspirit-rainman reblogged this from historyfan
- mindbodyspirit-rainman likes this
- treyfla likes this
- gonzozalaeta likes this
- yukiyuuki likes this
- theactofhistory likes this
- dreamingofcossackia likes this
- historyfan posted this