Japanese fighter ace Saburo Sakai.
He was the Imperial Japanese Navy’s fourth ranked fighter ace of the war and it’s second best to survive the war.
On one occasion Sakai having returned to base within a damaged Zero after a four hour and 47 minute flight. Saburo having sustained a bullet wound to the head and being blinded in one eye, insisted on making his mission report, before seeking medical attention.
- lovejapanboy likes this
- banch002 likes this
- 96ryuji reblogged this from 2011-11
- 96ryuji likes this
- odakin likes this
- 2011-11 reblogged this from historyfan
- linuxpunk81 likes this
- blitzkriegfurdummies reblogged this from historyfan
- blitzkriegfurdummies likes this
- mew-senpai reblogged this from historyfan
- gasmaskscollector likes this
- mindbodyspirit-rainman reblogged this from historyfan
- mindbodyspirit-rainman likes this
- treyfla likes this
- gonzozalaeta likes this
- yukiyuuki likes this
- spookingofskelesackia likes this
- historyfan posted this